Preparing for inspections
Arm’s Length Bodies are a favoured mechanism in the public sector for driving improvement and change – from Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Ofsted to the Care Quality Commission.
Inspections can be challenging, intense and even emotional – and make unique demands on leadership and front-line teams alike.
We can help. Our team has worked with health, care and other public bodies going through these processes, including the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
We have experienced the pressures and understand the structure of an inspection process. And we bring a successful track record in the communications, engagement and leadership approaches most likely to be successful.
We offer a structured, pragmatic and proactive programme of management and support:
- Helping you to develop a credible narrative and present evidence tailored to key audiences
- Building skills and confidence of key leaders, through coaching and detailed preparation
- A spine of information which reaches all staff with core messages while localising meaningfully across your complex organisation
- Intensive face-to-face briefings which cut through to the front-line and actively engage leaders and managers at all levels
- Stocktake key training, documents and policies – and active management of gaps
- Hands on management of the inspection visit
- Preparation for and management of the outcome.
In a nutshell, we help you to negotiate a challenging process as effectively as possible.
If you hire us, we see ourselves as a key part of your team – from initial notification through to managing the result – and support you every step of the way.